Ada County Liquor License
Application and Information
download Liquor License Application
Alcohol Beverage License Renewal Application (2013-2014)
Alcohol Beverage License Renewal Letter
1. Applications need to have a notary statement, or the applicants may sign in the presence of a County Recorder Deputy in lieu of the notary.
2. Liquor applications need to be presented to the Sheriff Department, 7200 Barrister, for a record's check and approval; and also presented to Central District Health Department's for their approval.
3. Applications are to be received in the Recorder's office by Friday, 12:00 noon, in order to be on the agenda for the Ada County Commissioners next available hearing.
Attach to the Application
1. Copy of the State License
2. Copy of the Lease Agreement or ownership documents.
3. If the premise is located within an unincorporated area of the County (not within a city boundary), you must obtain consensual signatures of 75% of those homeowners within a one thousand foot (1,000’) radius of the premises.
4. Attach above items to the application.
Licenses are valid for one year and expire April 30
IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA COUNTY ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE ORDINANCE, TITLE 4, CHAPTER 3, PLEASE ATTACH A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PREMISES FOR WHICH A
LICENSE IS SOUGHT, ITS LOCATION, AND STREET ADDRESS.
A license to sell beer, wine and liquor for consumption upon the premises of an establishment located within an unincorporated area of Ada County shall not be granted unless the applicant shall first obtain the written consent of at least seventy five percent (75%) of the resident owners of property, or if not occupied or inhabited by a resident owner, the occupant of such property, within a radius of one thousand feet (1,000') of any part of the premises upon which beer, wine or liquor is to be sold for consumption. At the time the application is submitted to the County Clerk, no signature may be over ninety (90) days old. The written consent shall be filed with the application for a license; provided, however, that the consent of owners or occupants of property shall not be required to renew or to transfer such licenses, except in the circumstances outlined in Subsection C of this Section.
No license shall be granted unless a certificate of zoning has been issued by the Ada County Zoning Department, if the establishment is not within an incorporated city. The zoning certificate shall be filed with the application for a license; provided, however, that the zoning certificate shall not be required to renew licenses, unless a zoning certificate is required prior to issuance of the license. (Ord. 107, 10-29-80)
No retailer's license shall be issued to any person to sell beer, wine or liquor by the drink for consumption on the premises where any part of the room, or other place, for such sale or consumption is:
a. within a radius of three hundred feet (300') of any part of a public school; or
b. within a radius of three hundred feet (300') of any room within which the regular religious or Sunday school services of a duly organized and established religious sect are; or
c. within which a hospital or nursing home is conducted and were or was so conducted prior to issuance of such license.
This limitation shall not apply to any duly licensed premises that, at the time of licensing, did not come within the restricted area, but subsequent to licensing, came therein. (Ord. 107, 10-29-80; amd. Ord. 142, 9-18-85)
Ada County Recorder's Office
Courthouse, First Floor
200 West Front Street
Boise, Idaho 83702-73000
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(208) 287-6849 Fax