Peddler and Solicitor
Download Peddler and Solicitor Application
Peddler is defined as any person who goes upon the premises of any private residence in unincorporated Ada County, not having been invited by the occupant thereof, who sells or offers to sell any commodity or article of any nature. This definition includes, but is not limited to, any person who solicits orders and makes deliveries to purchasers.
Solicitor is defined as any person who goes upon the premises of any private residence in unincorporated Ada County, not having been invited by the occupant thereof, for the purpose of taking orders for, or offering to take orders for, goods, wares, or merchandise, or any article for future delivery, or for services to be performed in the future, or for making, manufacturing or repairing of any article or thing whatsoever for future delivery.
- License expires one year from date of issuance
- License must be worn, or otherwise exhibited, by each peddler and solicitor
- It is unlawful to transfer any license to a party other than the licensee
- A violation of this ordinance shall be treated as a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine as provided by Ada County Code 4-1-14
- Peddlers and solicitors shall only engage in activities between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and one hour following sunset
- Child labor restrictions relate to the minimum age as set forth in the child labor provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C., Section 201 et. seq. (1938) as amended, and the Child Labor Law of Idaho, Idaho Code Section 44-1301
- Complete and sign application
- $50 application fee
- Two (2) photographs of the applicant, measuring 2" x 2", showing the head and shoulders of the applicant in a clear, distinguishable manner
- Criminal History Record (applicant obtains fingerprint card from Clerk's Office then submits to ID State Police, Bureau of Criminal Identification)
Applications must be accompanied by a cashiers check, surety bond, or letter of credit in the amount of at least $1000 per application. A business association, company or corporation with multiple employees must file a bond covering all employees or agents in the amount of $1000 each to a maximum of $5000.
Ada County Recorder's Office
Administration Building, First Floor
200 West Front Street
Boise, Idaho 83702
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(208) 287-6849 Fax